I wasn't going to comment on TGL's ( The Glorious Leader ) recent award of the Nobel Peace Prize. Mr. Quarter hit all the low-points in his most recent post and the very idea of TGL, peace be upon him, of winning the award at this time is so ridiculous it defies understanding. But then I read this comment made by DNC communications director Brad Woodhouse.
"The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists - the Taliban and Hamas this morning - in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize ... Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize - an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride - unless of course you are the Republican Party...the 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It's no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim."
1. The criticism is of the Nobel committee, not TGL. God knows Obama merits the most extreme criticism at almost every turn, but in this case the humiliation belongs to the Nobel committee for giving the award to a man who had only held the office of the Presidency for ten days prior to the deadline for nomination for the award.
In other words, TGL received the award not for anything he has accomplished to further world peace, but instead for organizing communities, giving campaign speeches and orating "YES WE CAN" whenever the teleprompter told him to.
Even if one considers TGL's World Apology Tour 2009 as a contribution towards furthering world peace, the tour occurred after the nomination deadline.
The Nobel committee gave TGL the award not for anything he's done, but instead for what they hope he will do. Where I come from, we call that putting the cart before the horse, or if one is not inclined to be polite, we call it bullshit.
2. Our secret is out! Republicans are tight with the Taliban and Hamas. We be mates! We hang together. We're brothers by different mothers. We're homeys and G'Dawgs ( a little Michael Steele, hip-hop lingo there ).
You know what? If it wasn't for Republicans the Taliban would have been in control of Afghanistan years ago, and every member of N.O.W. would be tearing their hair out over the subordination and abuse of Afghan women ( because the welfare of women is the only good reason to invade any country don't you know? ). Are you telling me John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi would have sent America's military into Afghanistan after 9/11? Really? Those women don't believe in keeping score at kids soccer matches because it's just another manifestation of the violence of Patriarchy and destructive to the healthy formation of the "I'm great, no matter what" self-esteem movement. War? No way.
3. Republicans didn't "cheer when America failed to land the Olympics..." We jeered when, for once, TGL couldn't bullshit his way into getting what he wanted. To us Republicans, it seemed that for whatever reason, there was at least one international group that wasn't hypnotized by TGL's empty rhetoric. For once, posing in profile with his chin thrust out was inadequate to the challenge.
4. Since when do Americans "take great pride in" winning anything that is undeserved? TGL didn't deserve the Nobel. TGL got a Nobel for participation, just like all the little tea cups ( fragile children ) that chase butterflies while the other team is scoring on them during their soccer match. As long as TGL pretends to care, that's all that matters. TGL is "engaged", and results mean nothing. As the dean of science fiction, Robert Heinlein, once said, "A perfect mud pie is still just a mud pie...value nil." Getting an undeserved award, no matter how prestigious, is still undeserved...value nil.
5. Republicans "put politics above patriotism at every turn." This is without question the most insulting part of Mr. Woodhouse's quote. Patriotism is love of country. It is TGL and his "democrats" that believe America is in need of "fundamental change." It is TGL that is attempting to systematically deconstruct everything that made America great; free enterprise, individual liberty, small government, self responsibility and a belief in God.
The DNC's idea of patriotism is; socialism, group identity, all-powerful government, moral relativism and the worship of nature. In the eyes of the DNC, America is a cancer on the world, an empire of materialism, judgementalism, greed and racism that needs to be remade into a true people's paradise of equality and egalitarianism by making everyone the same...poor, powerless and obedient to the oligarchs who know better...the Democrats.
They sicken me.
6. Recently there have been many reasons to be ashamed of the Republican Party. John McCain comes to mind. Oh, he served his country admirably and paid a very dear price for it, and for that I honor him. But his willingness to compromise his beliefs is NOT worthy of my respect. There's a reason McCain was the Democrat's favorite Republican during the Bush administration and when he ran for the presidency...he believed in getting something done instead of believing in getting the right thing done.
George Bush II is another reason to be at least partially ashamed of the Republican party. I have repeatedly endorsed Bush's handling of 9/11, both the invasion of Afghanistan and strengthening America's defenses with The Patriot Act, the creation of the Department of Homeland Security and the eradication of barriers between our domestic security apparatus, the F.B.I. and our foreign security apparatus, the C.I.A. When it came to the military and intelligence response to 9/11, George Bush II got it right.
However, Bush was so focused on security that he virtually ignored domestic policy. He spent money like a drunken Democrat. The national debt soared, the annual budget deficits soared and the treasury just kept printing money to cover the costs. It was the beginning of America's financial Armageddon. TGL is continuing that Armageddon with a vengeance, tripling the budget deficit in one year and planning on adding more to the national debt than all the presidents that came before him ever did.
Better to be a rotting corpse than be a living Democrat.
If there were a Nobel Prosperity Prize, would TGL win that? After only ten days in office? After ten years in office? Not a chance.