I think the "consensus" on global warming is pretty much only in Al's mind, a consensus of one so to speak. You can read the last word on the global warming consensus right here.
Have you noticed that in the past year, the environmental extremists and global warming alarmists have quietly switched the jargon? Now the "crisis" is no longer actually global warming, its "climate change." Ingenious! No matter what happens, if the temperature changes up or down then they are correct in their assessment. Yup, the climate changed, give me your money!
Mr. Quarter has a strong background in geoscience and has spent the past 25 years working in the environmental cleanup industry. This much is certain:
- The climate has changed in the past and will continue to change.
- CO2 levels have been higher in the past than they are now.
- It has been warmer and it has been colder than it is now.
- Changes in climate are more strongly correlated to patterns of solar activity than to atmospheric gases.
- The climate data set that is trotted out as "irrevocable" proof of global warming is extremely limited relative to even recorded human history, let alone over geologic time scales.
- Oh-and the reduction of Arctic ice? Well, it seems that accurate measures of arctic ice have only been available since 1979 when satellite photos started being taken. Prior to that it was anecdotal evidence. What a coincidence that the declines in arctic ice began in 1979!
Mr. Quarter is strongly considering writing a book to examine and objectively debunk the climate change myths that Al Gore is currently cashing in on. Think I should do it?